Last updated: 09/21/2022
This policy applies to the processing of personal data implemented from the website www.paris2024.org (hereinafter the “website”) and all sites, applications and other media related to it, (hereinafter the “sub-sites”):
- Le Club : https://club.paris2024.org/
- Portail recrutement : https://rejoindre.paris2024.org/
- Génération 2024 : https://generation.paris2024.org/
- Terre de Jeux : https://terredejeux.paris2024.org/
- Olympiade Culturelle : https://culture.paris2024.org/
- Centre de Préparation aux Jeux : https://prepare.paris2024.org/
- Extranet Presse : https://pressoperations.paris2024.org/
- Espace Presse Grand Public : https://presse.paris2024.org/
- Marathon Pour Tous : https://marathonpourtous.paris2024.org/ and application
- Sportsclub : https://sportsclub.paris2024.org/ and application
The policy will be supplemented with the mentions of additional information that will be made available for each service present on the website www.paris2024.org and/or on the sub-sites published by the Olympic and Paralympic Games Organising Committee (hereinafter “Paris 2024”).
Personal data as defined in the data protection regulations (General Data Protection Regulation no.2016/679 of 27 April 2016 and Law no.78/17 of 6 January 1978 as amended) consists of any information that directly or indirectly identifies you as a natural person.
The policy states:
Data Controller and recipients of your personal data
We inform you that your personal data collected on this website and the sub-sites and during our interactions is processed by Paris 2024, whose registered office is located at 46 rue Proudhon 93210 Saint-Denis (France), as the data controller.
They will be made accessible to our technical service providers (“subcontractors” within the meaning of the regulations), for the strict needs of their mission and in accordance with our instructions, in particular in the fields of IT (publishers of hosted software, IT platform development services, hosting services, customer relationship services (CRM) and other communication services, analysis and measurement services, communication services by email and push notification, internet services on which we publish our advertisements, etc.).
Moreover, in order to ensure optimal use of the websites dedicated to the Games and in particular to facilitate your access to the various websites, including the Olympics.com website and the Olympics mobile application operated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Maison Olympique (Olympic House) 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland, Paris 2024 and the IOC have set up a unique authentication and access management system, allowing you to create accounts using the same login details on different environments, including (i) on the website www.paris2024.org and/or certain sub-sites published by Paris 2024, and (ii) the Olympics.com website and the Olympics mobile application published by the IOC. Creating an account on one of these websites thus allows you to access your account on the other websites concerned with the same login details. Consequently, with specific regard to the processing of your data related to the authentication and management of your access to your account on the relevant website or sub-sites of Paris 2024, Paris 2024 and the IOC process your data as joint data controllers.
In addition, your data is also intended for use by each of the IOC and the International Paralympic Committee, which use it as separate data controllers to better understand their fans, evaluate the performance of digital properties or activities connected to the Olympic Games or Paralympic Games respectively, personalise their services, products and marketing activities and, where you have given your consent, send you direct marketing, including marketing related to their products, services and partners. They inform you, in accordance with their obligations, about their own purposes for use of your data and how they use your data through their respective privacy policies. We invite you to consult their privacy policies available on their websites (https://olympics.com/fr/privacy-policy and https://www.paralympic.org/privacy), which set out the purposes pursued by these recipients and how to assert your rights with regard to your data with them.
Some of your personal data may also be transmitted to third parties who may use it for the specific needs of their interventions (lawyers, bailiffs, accountants, etc.).
General purposes of the collection of your personal data by Paris 2024
When some of your data is essential for the pursuit of certain purposes and in order to respond to you or to meet a regulatory obligation, we will inform you of this during collection.
Your personal data is collected and used in different ways. You will be informed directly on the data collection pages of the specific uses envisaged by Paris 2024 as data controller. In general, your data is collected according to the following legal bases and purposes:
FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP OR PRE-CONTRACTUAL MEASURES TAKEN AT YOUR REQUEST (PLEASE REFER TO ARTICLE 3 BELOW FOR DETAILS OF THE PURPOSES ACCORDING TO THE SUB-SITES OF PARIS 2024):
- Facilitate your use of the services, allow your registration and authentication and manage your user account (the processing of personal data for authentication and access management being the joint responsibility of Paris 2024 and the IOC for the following sites: Paris2024.org, Club Paris2024, Marathon pour tous, Generation 2024, Terre de Jeux, Olympiade Culturelle;
- Provide you with the information and content you have requested.
TO MEET OUR LEGAL, ACCOUNTING AND TAX OBLIGATIONS (MANAGEMENT OF REQUESTS TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS, KEEPING A LIST OF OBJECTIONS TO MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, ETC.);
UNLESS YOU OBJECT AND WITHIN THE LIMITS OF YOUR INTERESTS AND RIGHTS, TO MEET OUR LEGITIMATE ORGANISATIONAL AND OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
- Develop and promote the Games and the Olympic movement (communication, prospecting and in particular sending messages concerning our news, improving the knowledge of the people with whom we are in contact in order to personalise our communication, developing statistics, carrying out satisfaction surveys, etc.);
- Offer you a personalised experience, based on your preferences and your choice of content;
- Maintain and develop the website and sub-sites;
- Ensure the security of the website and sub-sites and ensure that they are used in accordance with applicable law;
- Develop traffic statistics and improve the operation, security and efficiency of the website or sub-sites;
- Combat fraud.
IF YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO THIS ON THE WEBSITE OR SUB-SITES, YOUR DATA IS USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SENDING PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES OR INFORMATION BY ELECTRONIC MEANS (INCLUDING NEWSLETTERS, MARKETING MESSAGES RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER INITIATIVES OF THE RELEVANT DATA CONTROLLER OR THEIR COMMERCIAL PARTNERS), DEPENDING ON YOUR CHOICES (SEE ARTICLE 5 BELOW),
- By Paris 2024 and its partners, and/or
- By the recipients, which are the IOC and its partners and/or
- By any other recipient of the data to which you have consented.
Data collected by Paris 2024
The personal data that we collect includes the data that you provide when you make a request or otherwise use the website or sub-sites, and the purposes for which Paris 2024 uses your personal data are indicated in the table below. The table below may be supplemented with further information at the point of data collection.
* It is noted that, for the websites and apps marked with an asterisk in the table above, authentication information (email, password, unique account identifier) is processed by Paris 2024 and the IOC as joint data controllers, in order to manage your access and authentication when you log into the concerned website and the sub-sites. Paris 2024 and the IOC have agreed that the IOC is responsible for maintaining the IT resources that are used for such account creation and management.
When we receive data collected by third parties such as the IOC or our partners, or via other platforms operated by Paris 2024 (sub-sites) or on its behalf such as that dedicated to the ticketing of the Games, we associate said data with the data listed above in order to know you better and improve the customisation of our content and services.
We use automatic tracking mechanisms like cookies and similar technologies to collect certain data while you are browsing our website and sub-sites. A cookie is a small file, stored on your browser or computer hard drive, which is used to collect data about your interactions with websites and other digital properties. For example, information about your device (browser type, operating system, language, unique device identifier), network connections (Internet Service Provider, IP address, time zone), browsing history including date and time and pages visited, as well as general location such as your city and country.
You can disable cookies (except those cookies that are strictly necessary) or manage cookies using the cookies settings available on each of the website or sub-sites or other digital properties through which the cookies are set. You can also manage cookies by configuring the functionalities of your internet browser.
Recipients of your data
Paris 2024 may send your data to the following recipients:
Collection of your data via third parties
Paris 2024 may receive data in connection with your use of third-party platforms such as the IOC websites or the shop operated by the IOC partner Fanatics, which collect it from their websites as data controllers.
The procedures for sharing this data with Paris 2024 are respectively described on these third-party websites. Where applicable, you authorise Paris 2024 to use this data to improve our knowledge of your expectations and preferences and to offer you customised services and content.
Retention periods for your data
Your data will be kept by Paris 2024 for the period during which it is necessary to fulfil the aforementioned purposes, and with regard to the data used in the context of Paris 2024 marketing communications if you have consented to it, for a maximum period of 3 years after your last interaction with us.
At the end of these periods, your data will, if necessary, be archived for a period not exceeding the legal limitation periods or the applicable archiving obligations or for the duration of the proceedings in the event of litigation. Once these deadlines have expired, the data will be destroyed by Paris 2024.
We remind you that the data transferred to the IOC or to other recipients as indicated in paragraph 5 is kept by said recipients for the periods they indicate in their respective privacy policies.
Protection of your data
The data collected by Paris 2024 as the data controller, for the purposes listed in paragraph 2 and 3 above, is protected via appropriate technical and organisational measures against the risks of unauthorised access to or disclosure of your data, in accordance with the applicable laws.
Through the use of our subcontractors, your data may be transferred to third countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). Where applicable, and if the third country does not benefit from an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission, these subcontractors have put in place instruments governing these transfers in accordance with the applicable laws, including the applicable standard contractual clauses enacted by the European Commission.
In the event of transfer of your data to third parties in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 5, such as the IOC or the partners of Paris 2024, for the purposes for which they are responsible, these third parties determine the appropriate technical and organisational measures and, more generally, how they comply with the protection of your personal data.
In the specific context of the authentication and management of your access to your account from the website or sub-sites of Paris 2024, it is recalled that Paris 2024 and the IOC are the joint data controllers for the data processing carried out for this purpose. Paris 2024 and the IOC have agreed on technical and organisational measures for the protection of data collected and processed in this context.
Your rights over your data
You have the following rights over your data:
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not data concerning you is or is not being processed and, when it is, the right to access this data, as well as the right to more information on this processing;
- The right to rectify inaccurate data;
- In certain specific cases, the right to obtain the erasure of certain personal data;
- The right to portability of your data;
- The right to restrict processing in some cases;
- The right to object to the processing of your data, for reasons relating to your particular situation, or, regardless of your particular situation, the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing if it is based on your consent, with regard to processing or data transfers that are subject to your consent;
- The right to receive the data you have provided to us and/or the right to ask us to transmit it to another controller, if the processing is based on your consent or on a contract and the processing is automated;
- If you live in France, the right to set guidelines for your data after your death.
To exercise your rights, simply write to: DPO@paris2024.org and attach, if applicable, any documentary evidence to prove your identity and substantiate your request.
With regard to the processing of your personal data in the course of authentication and account access, you can also contact the IOC via its dedicated portal.
You are reminded that Paris 2024 may, in accordance with the regulations, be required to refuse to grant certain requests concerning some of these rights (in particular the right of erasure), for legitimate reasons such as the need to defend legal claims or the requirements of a legal obligation to retain certain data.
If you have any unresolved issues, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, which is, in France, the National Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
We also inform you that if you are a French consumer, you can register on the Bloctel cold calling opposition list.
In addition, if you wish to assert your rights with the recipients of your data as listed in paragraph 5, it is your responsibility to contact them in accordance with the procedures indicated in their privacy policies.