The Games finance themselves
Almost all (96%) of the budget to organise the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games comes from the private sector, namely the IOC, partner companies, the Games ticket office and licensing. The budget covers every aspect of planning, organising and delivering the event, including renting the premises, preparing and operating the facilities, organising the competitions, welcoming the delegations, housing and transporting the athletes, providing security at competition venues and holding the opening and closing ceremonies.
In 2022, Paris 2024 has carried out a budget review, to better reflect the various costs and risks of a project like this one. Here is the composition of the updated Paris 2024 budget:
- €4.4 billion for the Paris 2024 Organising Committee budget;
- 100% private funding for the organisation of the Olympic Games;
- IOC allocation: €1.2bn (including TV rights €750m and TOP partnerships €470m);
- Ticketing / Hospitality / Licensing: €1.4bn (Ticketing (€1.1bn); Hospitality (€170m) and Licensing (€127m);
- Partnerships: 1.1bn
- Other revenue: 0.2bn
- 4% of public funding to finance the organisation of the Paralympic Games.