Become a Paris 2024 Games Volunteer
Would you like to be part of an intense team adventure at the heart of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games? Would you like to get involved for 10 or more days to make Paris 2024 an unforgettable event? Be more than a spectator, be part of the Games!
While waiting for the volunteers portal to open, on March 2023, sign up to join Club Paris 2024 to receive all of the latest information and news on the Paris 2024 volunteers programme!
it mean to be
45,000 volunteers will be getting involved to make the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games an unforgettable event for all of the various stakeholders. Joining Paris 2024 is an opportunity for the volunteers, and the volunteers represent an opportunity for Paris 2024!
Joining Paris 2024 as a volunteer means:
- Being at the heart of the organisation of the greatest sporting event on the planet and directly contributing to its success;
- Welcoming the whole world, embodying the sense of hospitality and the values that France is renowned for;
- Experiencing an intense adventure as part of a team, meeting people from all backgrounds, sharing unique moments and emotions;
- Learning, training, gaining experience that may be useful for your future career plans.
- Welcoming people from around the world, from the stations and airports to the various venues (competition, training, Athletes’ Village, media centre, etc.);
- Providing guidance and support at the heart of the venues (guiding spectators to the stands);
- Providing information in the event of difficulties or directing people to the right contacts;
- Providing information on various programmes: sports and cultural information, key moments from the Games, etc.;
- Transporting the Games stakeholders between the venues in 9-seat minibuses or cars;
- Assisting the medical staff – for volunteers with a medical degree.
These missions will be suited to candidates who are interested in human relations and have a strong sense of hospitality. Here, volunteers are the first point of contact with the various Games stakeholders and they play a key role to enable the stakeholders to experience the event under optimum conditions in terms of comfort and a welcoming environment.
- Getting involved at competition or training venues to support sporting achievements: collecting tennis balls, installing starting blocks, etc.
- Inputting sports information on timings, rankings, statistics;
- Assisting the athletes in their reserved spaces at the competition and training venues, supporting them in connection with anti-doping tests;
- Assisting the medical staff at the Athletes’ Village polyclinic or the competition and training venues.
These missions are particularly suited to the expectations of candidates who are thorough, rigorous and passionate about sport. The volunteers ensure that all the conditions are in place for sporting achievements and an outstanding spectacle!
- Being involved in the accreditation process to enable certain Games stakeholders (journalists, delegations, etc.) to access reserved areas: processing requests, taking photos, printing and distributing accreditation cards, etc.
- Distributing useful equipment to the Games stakeholders: radios, headsets, uniforms
- Assembling and installing small-scale communications equipment (retractable banners, boards, etc.), ensuring that they are not damaged, reporting any instances when they need to be replaced, etc.
Volunteers who like operational aspects will enjoy these missions, which are vital to facilitating the work of each Games stakeholder and ensuring that not even the slightest detail disrupts the organisation of the greatest sporting event on the planet!
CONDITIONS FOR BEING A VOLUNTEER
The volunteers programme is widely open to all profiles. You will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old on 1 January 2024;
- Speak French and/or English;
- Be available for at least 10 days between the opening of the Athletes’ Village, on 12 July 2024, and two days after the closing of the Paralympic Games, on 10 September 2024. Paris 2024 is open to people of all ages, and people who speak different languages are very welcome!
Save the date: from March 2023, head to the Paris 2024 site to apply for the Paris 2024 volunteers programme!
Application window opens for 6 to 8 weeks.
Spring – Summer 2023
Applications are reviewed
Applicants receive a response
The volunteers portal will open on March 2023. This online platform will enable you to submit your application to become a volunteer for the Games. Note that this application phase will run for just a few weeks and will end six to eight weeks after. Paris 2024 will review all of the applications through to the end of summer 2023, and will get back to the candidates during autumn 2023.
Consult the charter
The Olympic and Paralympic volunteering charter is a document produced by Paris 2024 in collaboration with state authorities. The charter outlines the rights, duties, guaranties, types of duties and problem-solving procedures that apply to volunteers at the Paris 2024 Games.
RECEIVE ALL THE NEWS ON THE VOLUNTEERS PROGRAMME!
Would you like to enjoy inside access to the Olympic and Paralympic Games experience? Do not be just a spectator, become a volunteer for the Games. Join Club Paris 2024 to receive all of the latest information and news on the Paris 2024 volunteers programme: